This easy Asian-inspired chicken dinner is another house favorite. I like it because I can get it prepped and in the oven in about 10 minutes, and the sides I serve it with are even easier. The husband likes it because of the spice (the red pepper flakes are added after cooking, and omitted on the little’s plate), and the little dude likes the sweetness of the chicken. Can’t go wrong!
It doesn’t look like a lot, but there’s a lot of flavor here, trust me. First step, of course, flatten your chicken so all the pieces are of equal thickness. This will make sure it cooks evenly and you get more of that delicious honey garlic flavor! Next, you’ll want to add the flour, paprika, salt and pepper to a shallow dish and dredge your chicken, making sure it’s coated well and shake off the excess, then put it in your baking dish.
Now, get your sauce ready. The ratio of honey to soy sauce is 2:1, so it’s easy to double the recipe if you need to. I only use three pieces of chicken because, well, there’s only three of us. You can add another chicken breast without needing to make more sauce. If you have more than four, i’d go ahead and make more. Anyway, mix the honey, garlic, and soy sauce well, then pour it over the chicken. Get a fork and lift the chicken a bit to make sure the sauce gets underneath it as well, and spoon some sauce on top of the chicken.
Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake at 325 for one hour. After an hour, remove the foil and flip the chicken over, and cook uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
If you like, and I definitely recommend, sprinkle with a little bit of red pepper flakes. I do this after it’s on the plate to make sure a rogue pepper flake doesn’t end up on little dude’s chicken. I serve ours with brown rice with shelled edamame (I get frozen that steams in the bag) and add some soy sauce. So. Good. Enjoy!
Honey Garlic Baked Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, slightly flattened
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and prep a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a shallow dish, mix flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off excess, and place in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, soy sauce and garlic cloves.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, lifting it to make sure it gets underneath and spooning some over the top.
- Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake for one hour.
- After an hour, remove foil, flip chicken breasts, and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if desired.